Wednesday, February 20, 2013


First day back to the gym since being sick (bronchitis, double ear infection, and sinus infection) and I opted to have a one-on-one with the personal trainer Ben.  I said, "I have to build my endurance and for climbing Kili."  He smiled and suggested we work on legs...

How you ask?  Squats.  Front squats, reverse squats, jumping squats, split squats, squats with a yoga ball--incline on the treadmill for a minute then into a hybrid side jump squats for a minute. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

How much did I enjoy it?  I almost couldn't lunge myself out of my car when I got home.  Now I'm hitting up the water and stretching.  I have to admit I was really happy to get back to the gym now that I have my energy back after being a personal host to the plague 2013.  I started up at Planet Fitness in November and since joining I have seen a solid 10-12 lbs. of "squish" come off.  My jeans might need a belt soon and I am so O.K. with that!  (I have eyeballed my skinny jeans on the top shelf of my closet, but have a bit to go before I can wear those again without a muffin top.)

As far as my diet goes I eat pretty well to begin with.  I did notice on my "cheat" day yesterday feeling full and not enjoying the bloated stomach ache I got from the baked mac & cheese.  Theresa and the rest of my training crew suggest we eat as close to the food chain as possible.  I have a love affair with cheese, so this will be difficult for me.  But I have to say that it's going to be a while before I order restaurant mac & cheese again--too "rich" to enjoy anymore.  Sorry Union of Clarkston, Kid Rock, and Guy Fieri--I know it was featured on the Food Network, but it isn't worth the discomfort.  Now, if a few more of my favorite "cheat" foods can do that I'll be all set!  (Well, maybe not ALL my "cheat" foods... a girl has to have her BBQ and Bad Brads is the place for me!)

I was more excited about the carrot and green onion that came with the mac & cheese--what is happening to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Safari...

Not a Safari...
The only Safari I've been on--it doesn't count. OMG--I'm doing the real thing soon--in the real country!