Sunday, January 27, 2013

One hundred fifty-nine days.  Seems so far away but I know it is going to fly!  Training started already and I did 60 minutes on the stair climber at Planet Fitness.  I have "Africa fever"--I find myself googling information, browsing websites, and watching movie clips.  I ordered two books and a movie and they should arrive this week--let the research begin!  I even dreamt about the climb up Kilimanjaro night.  There are so many things to do this week alone which includes getting some pretty scary shots.  Thankfully I am not afraid of needles, but I am not looking forward to my arm being sore.  I hope I get someone good when I go to the travel clinic, maybe someone cute  to distract me from multiple pokes.

I'm trying to eat healthier and drink more water (which means drink less Diet Coke) and if you know me that is a challenge in itself!  I have to admit it though, I just destroyed a bag of Fritos as an afternoon snack--and my where they delicious!  That eliminates them from the house though and I will not buy anymore to store here.  I have chicken and potatoes baking in the oven and plan on smothering it with Frank's Red Hot sauce (no butter added).  Do you know how horrible it is to try to cut out fats when Food Network is running a Super Bowl tailgating special?  I could face plant in a bowl of cheesy queso dip right now--I'll have to watch myself next weekend as to not overdo it when I meet the bowl.

Well, I have a GREAT project to plan for my students at school, maybe finding sites on electricity will distract me from Africa for a bit.  I'm trying to think of ways to get my class involved in the trip too--

Kwaheri for now!  (That's goodbye in Swahili.)

Oh, in case you want to know more--here's the last group who went:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJObKLU3IA0




No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Safari...

Not a Safari...
The only Safari I've been on--it doesn't count. OMG--I'm doing the real thing soon--in the real country!